Thank You askaboutmoney

Discussion in 'Suggestion box' started by Commercial, May 13, 2014.

1. Commercial

Commercial Frequent Poster

I would like to say thank you to everyone on askaboutmoney. Especially to Brendan Burgess who created this forum and to his contributions.
    I would like to thank all posters who have responded to all of my threads and posts.
    It is a brilliant forum and is so helpful in many ways. It really gives back to you, what you put in.

Just decided I would say that, as we all need a pat on the back sometimes. So reach over your shoulder and pat yourself on the back. It feels good. Don't worry no one is looking :D

2. Dermot

Dermot Frequent Poster

I was actually thinking about opening a thread similar to Commercial yesterday and I was doing up a list of all those who gave me good advice on a number of subjects but thought later that it might not be the best way to do it.
    I just wish to thank all those who have contributed to helping me out and also for what I have learned from reading other threads.
    There are some fantastic contributors on here who give freely of their time and knowledge.
    I wish to acknowledge you one and all.
    Thank you.
    It is a wonderful resource.
    I have mentioned no names and you will understand why.

3. Sue Ellen

Sue Ellen Moderator.

Its great to see a thread like this Commercial and Dermot and must give great encouragement to Brendan as I'm sure does this thread also :)

4. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

5. Sue Ellen

Sue Ellen Moderator.

With 1 complaint and 7 compliments!

6. AgathaC

AgathaC Guest

I know I've said it on here before, but I have learned a lot, over the years on AAM, and always received useful answers on any query I raised. Thanks for that.

7. Dermot

Dermot Frequent Poster

Brendan why do you not open a thread to let readers/posters know when to top up your glass as I'm sure that many people would not like to see your glass go empty.

8. dub_nerd

dub_nerd Frequent Poster

I believe there was such a thread around January 2013. I didn't see one this year, so I haven't contributed again ... but would certainly consider doing so if asked. (I think I still have AAM set up as a payee in online banking).

9. Commercial

Commercial Frequent Poster

I will conribute as well

10. Annie51

Annie51 Frequent Poster

11. Dan Murray

Dan Murray Frequent Poster

Long time voyeur, first time poster - so I thought it best to start by agreeing with the others in applauding the site.

12. browtal

browtal Frequent Poster

Yes congratulations Brendan well deserved.
    You really are a + one Browtal

13. no_moolah

no_moolah Frequent Poster

I would like to add to this thread too and say a huge thanks to everyone for the advice and support I have received on this forum. I would not have gotten through the last few years without it.

I hope I can contribute to helping others the way they have helped me.

Well done everyone.

14. dub_nerd

dub_nerd Frequent Poster

Seems like a good time to bump this thread once more and say a big thank you to askaboutmoney.com and its able organisers. Apart from Brendan B and CiaranT, I'm not even sure of the names to whom thanks are due.

Nobody's ever 100% satisfied with new software, but it seems to have gone comparatively without a hitch. I would think operating the site is onerous enough without the added burden of a total upgrade. Nice job guys!

For the second year running, I have noticed no appeal for donations, even for operating costs: if they are needed, please shout; if not, thank you!

For myself, I wish a Happy New Year to everyone who organises, moderates, contributes to, or benefits from the forum.

roncondon, no_moolah and CiaranT like this.