Test - can you read this attachment?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Some users are having difficulty in downloading attachments.

Please click on this attachment and let me know if you can read it.

If you can't, what error message do you get?

Thanks

Attachments

• Test attachment.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 868
I get this;

Forum Message
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. <LI class=smallfont>You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again. <LI class=smallfont>You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Password:
Remember Me?​

I have changed the permissions now so that users who are not logged in can download the attachment.

two for one and John P Dolan - could you log out please and see if you can download them when you are not logged in.

Brendan

This is what comes up when i try Brendan.

"Toodles, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

two for one

It's very odd that most Frequent Posters can access it, but you can't. Are you doing anything unusual? A strange browser? Accessing it from a smart phone? Accessing it from your office where downloads are not allowed?

Are you able to download attachments from other bulletin boards?

You could check with this one on boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85334768&postcount=17

Brendan
I was not logged in when I tried to download the test, was I meant to be ?

I’m using Internet Explorer at home on a laptop.

I can download the one from boards, no problem, without been logged in.

I can now download your test when not logged in.

Thanks, that's enough from Frequent Posters

Any Registered Users out there i.e. with less than 50 posts who could check it for me?

Thanks

Sumatra testing as new user registered as Dr Jeckle and attachment opens fine. Fine to delete Dr Jeckle if you wish as only used for this exercise.

Back