Motor Temporary car insurance needed

Some insurance companys will not reinsure the same car if the policy has lasped more than 30 days. Thats just their policy and repeating the same line (temporary) will also not change their mind. They feel the car may not be roadworthy enough after a lasped period. The irony of that also being you could buy a complete death trap and they will insure you with out any questions asked...

Exactly! It is so ridiculous. I thought it would be so easy, just a phone call to switch it over, but no, company policy is they will not re-insure it.

Can't really blame them. Its to stop people having a few cars, insuring one and just switching them when they want to use the other ones.

Unless a car is locked up on something that isnt considered a public place under the Road Traffic act, technically it needs insurance whether it gets used or not.

An update... I spoke with an Independent broker today who advised me that this was utter nonsense and to really push my point with my insurer.
To cut a long story short they have agreed to insure the car for 24 hours. Hurray!.... Just hope it passes the NCT now! ;)

An update... I spoke with an Independent broker today who advised me that this was utter nonsense and to really push my point with my insurer.
To cut a long story short they have agreed to insure the car for 24 hours. Hurray!.... Just hope it passes the NCT now! ;)

Well done! As I said, temporary transfers (as opposed to temporary policies) are done all the time: your broker was right to push the point with them.

Back