Tax on withdrawals from ARF

Finola

Am I entitled to both personal and employee tax credits on withdrawals from an ARF. No longer an employee.

If you are not employed, there is no employee tax credit - the clue is in the name

I saw an example used by a broker which included the employee tax credit to calculate the net income after tax. So thats incorrrct then?

No longer an employee.
Are you receiving an Occ Pension? Have you any income taxed under PAYE? If so, you should be getting the PAYE/Employee credit as well as the appropriate personal tax credit for your circumstances.

If you are not employed, there is no employee tax credit - the clue is in the name
Really? I thought the employee tax credit was available on all PAYE income, so if the ARF withdrawals are taxed under PAYE system, then the credit should be available?

Just seeking clarification here now too. A couple jointly assessed. One is drawing an occupational pension. Other has invalidity pension. Jointly own a rental property. Expected entitled to €6,600 in tax credits ? Big surprise to me if not.

Yesterday I had to submit the Tax Review for the year 2019 as the insurance company won’t send me the annual withdrawal from my ARF policy unless this is done. I noticed on MyAccount that Employee Tax Credit is listed even though I took early retirement 7 years ago and reached age of 66 last year. Should this ETC be deleted from the Tax Return form? Thanks for your assistance

Back