Tax on additional income

redbhoy

Im about to start a 9-5 job and will be also doing my own self-employed work around weekends.
How does the tax work for me? Do i need to inform the tax-office or will it all be sent out to me in self assessment forms at end of year?

Thanks

Im about to start a 9-5 job and will be also doing my own self-employed work around weekends.
How does the tax work for me? Do i need to inform the tax-office or will it all be sent out to me in self assessment forms at end of year?

Thanks

Firstly you need to fill out one of these [broken link removed] this informs Revenue that you have commenced as self employed and gives them a few details regarding nature of work, expected turnover, no. of employees etc. If you are registering for VAt (presume you won't be if it's only part time work and you are under the threshold of €35,000 per annum) this is also the form you use.

You will then be required to file an annual tax return (Form 11) detailing your PAYE income, income from self employment, any other income received during year e.g. deposit interest and all claims for relevant tax credits e.g. rent paid, refuse charges etc.

Would advise engaging an accountant as mistakes made can prove costly.

Back