Tax free allowance on rental income

Aurelia

why do British non resident landlords get a full tax free allowance and Irish landlords don't. Ireland is always going on about how the rest of Europe pays for water.ie we must do as they do but when the benefit is for the citizens they don't appear to follow. Actually I just wanted to answer the Prsi post but I can't as I need a minimum of ten posts so I have created this one but i am concerned about the above too. Anyhow no Irish landlords do not have to pay Prsi. Interestingly I was also charged Prsi when I did my tax on ros online in 2014 ie. Last year and when I pointed out the error they corrected it. Is this deliberate in the hope as we are non resident we might not notice. Strange it's still happening this year for people returning their taxes

Okay tax credit, they are still called tax free allowances in they uk. It's the same concept.

There should be a box to tick to say that you are exempt from PRSI as a non-resident, there certainly is on the Form 11 anyway, not sure about the Form 12

I've a copy of my form 11 here and my accountant has ticked Yes to PRSI exemption due to us being non residents.

I know an old tread but my 3rd tax form 11 as Non resident. 1st time online and it adds €500 for PRSI. I did not see a box to tick saying PRSI exempt Non Resident

Back