taking on p/t employee

G

giz1

i was wondering could anyone answer something for me i am currently self employed run laundrette, i was thinking of taking on someone to do approx 16 hours a week(rate 9euro per hour) for me the girl i have in mind has helped me out on few occasions and knows the run of the place but any help from her was on favour basis r gave her some cash as thank you nothing set , but if i go ahead wit her on regular basis i wil have to set up as employer how do i do this?
also she is a lone parent so is on welfare and also gets RSA (rental accomadation scheme) where by she pays a low sum to her landlord and council pay balance she needs to no how her working wil affect what she currently recieves
before anyone says it i know she should by greatful of getting work in current climate but as this is just an idea and cant guarntee how long it wil last she needs to weigh up everything before accepting hours

for me it is a way to spend time at home with kids and cut cut the outragous childcare costs at least an employee is deductible as an expense whereas childcare is not

You will need to register as an employer with the Revenue on a form PREM, and you will have to operate payroll on a weekly/monthly basis.

Back