Motor Switching insurance companies - NCB record

Gekko

Hi Folks. When your insurance is up for renewal, the insurance company send you a certificate of no claims bonus which reflects your number of years without a claim. This can then be used as evidence of your status if you choose to switch providers. But what do you do if you've (say) 5+ years NCB with a provider but you've only with them for (say) 2 years? Your certificate only says 2 years, even though you've 5+ years NCB. Any prospective insurer will then think you've only 2 years NCB. If you've to contact the insurance company from years ago, they'll give you the runaround as you're no longer a customer.

Thanks.

Hi Folks. When your insurance is up for renewal, the insurance company send you a certificate of no claims bonus which reflects your number of years without a claim. This can then be used as evidence of your status if you choose to switch providers. But what do you do if you've (say) 5+ years NCB with a provider but you've only with them for (say) 2 years? Your certificate only says 2 years, even though you've 5+ years NCB. Any prospective insurer will then think you've only 2 years NCB. If you've to contact the insurance company from years ago, they'll give you the runaround as you're no longer a customer.

Thanks.

What are you asking ?

Are you telling us something ?

It should say that you have 5 years + NCB but that only 2 years of this is with them, (any proof of NCB I have ever received says this)

But what do you do if you've (say) 5+ years NCB with a provider but you've only with them for (say) 2 years? Your certificate only says 2 years, even though you've 5+ years NCB. Any prospective insurer will then think you've only 2 years NCB.

What are you asking ?

ACA didn't seem to have any difficulty identifying what I was asking.

Thanks for your help, ACA.

ACA didn't seem to have any difficulty identifying what I was asking.

Thanks for your help, ACA.

Cryptic at best.

It will always state something like 70% / 50% point 5 etc.

All insurers will recognise their rivals percentages etc for bonus.

Wouldn't be worrying about what your current company issue.

Cryptic at best.

It will always state something like 70% / 50% point 5 etc.

All insurers will recognise their rivals percentages etc for bonus.

Wouldn't be worrying about what your current company issue.

It's my other half's insurance and it's with the AA.

She has the maximum no claims bonus (i.e. over 5 years as she's never made a claim). She switched to the AA 2 years ago. The certificate issued by the AA says that she has 2 years no claims bonus.

She's now switched to a new provider on the basis of having more than 5 years of no claims bonus and the new insurers have (obviously) requested a copy of her certificate of no claims bonus. I foresee a problem as the AA certificate says that she only has 2 years NCB.

The AA NCB cert clearly should reflect the full entitlement, including her past experience prior to them. If it's not shown request a new one from AA.

The AA NCB cert clearly should reflect the full entitlement, including her past experience prior to them. If it's not shown request a new one from AA.

Okay, will do. Thanks for your help, Folks.

I'm predicting a similar problem is gonna arise with me & Quinn in the next few days. Just spoke with them there about cancelling a policy which began in January. Asked for a new quote and was told I have 5 yr NCB for that quote. The quote was a bit $$$$ (€448 best she could offer) so I went onto 123 and got a quote of €258 !! How can I not go for that ??

I know they'll fcuk me over when I go looking for the NCB proof. I'm driving 12 yrs, never any claim, never any convictions.

Look at your certificate again. It more than likely says 50% NCD or no claim bonus, number of years with this company 2. Which means you are being allowed 50% no claim bonus but you've been with with your existing insurer for 2 years. Any new insurer will allow you a 50% no claim bonus.

www.powerinsurances.ie

I'm predicting a similar problem is gonna arise with me & Quinn in the next few days. Just spoke with them there about cancelling a policy which began in January. Asked for a new quote and was told I have 5 yr NCB for that quote. The quote was a bit $$$$ (€448 best she could offer) so I went onto 123 and got a quote of €258 !! How can I not go for that ??

I know they'll fcuk me over when I go looking for the NCB proof. I'm driving 12 yrs, never any claim, never any convictions.

Never uncomplicated with Quinn Direct ........ NEVER !!

Back