Swimming pool - just turn up, pay and swim in Dublin without being a member?

Re: Swimming pool - pay and swim

Are you on North/South side? If South Side, I use Templeogue College Swimming pool - pay as you go - 014901711.

I think you can do the same in the Markowitz (sp?) Centre, Pearse St.

I'm pretty sure that you can also swim in [broken link removed] without being a member.

Where can you just turn up, pay and swim in Dublin without being a member?
St. Vincent de Paul pool (not the St. Vincent's one mentioned above) on the Navan Road near Ashtown.

Belvedere College, Denmark Street, Dublin 1. €6 a go.

I use finglas regularly. waters could be warmer but facilities are excellent. 5.50e for adult. see timetables for finglas and others on the county council [broken link removed].
Went last sunday with the 2 bairns, but left my shorts at home by accident, they sell accessories but were out of adult sizes, I ended up buying boys speedos as the kids would have had a nelly fit if we didnt go in for a swim, There was overflow of the S&Cs.:eek:

The CRC in Clontarf - pool is a bit small but water is lovely and warm!

Portmarnock Leisure Centre have public swimming times.

I think you can do the same in the Markowitz (sp?) Centre, Pearse St.
You certainly could up until a year ago, very good rates as well (altough that was with a student discount I believe the standard rate was quite good too).
As with most pools do check what times are (fully) open to the public. Even ones with no requirement for membership etc. may have prearranged classes (lessons, activities etc.) which mean times can be restrictive.

Both Ballymun S.C and Northside S.C have Dublin City Council pools. They were closed for refurbishment, but you could check with Dublin City Council whether the works have been completed.

Also, I think St. Pauls School in Raheny has public sessions.

St Pauls in Raheny is closed I believe - the site is being sold for development

The CRC in Clontarf - pool is a bit small but water is lovely and warm

The pool was closed for refurbishment - Has it been re-opened.

CRC pool will not reopen until after Christmas.

You certainly could up until a year ago, very good rates as well (altough that was with a student discount I believe the standard rate was quite good too).
As with most pools do check what times are (fully) open to the public. Even ones with no requirement for membership etc. may have prearranged classes (lessons, activities etc.) which mean times can be restrictive.

I should hope so! This is a Corpo pool!

Back