Summer in vancouver

phoenix53

Hi. My son is heading to Vancouver for 3 months in May. Any tips on things he can go before he goes that will save him hassle when he arrives. He currently has the first 7 nights booked in a hostel.

Thaks

Is he planning on working?

I was there for a summer but over 15 years ago, we found that even menial jobs required extensive application processes with telephone, in person interviews etc and quite often with reasonable gaps between each round etc.

We found https://www.labourlink.ca/ to be a good resource, it's basically labouring or service industry jobs but completely flexible, you can work whatever days suit you with no commitment required. A few of us ended up working for some of the companies who used labour link as a source of labour - if you put in a few good shifts, you can normally work this out.

Everyone at the time used craigslist for property rentals, sub lets, buying and selling old furniture etc. Tell them to keep an eye on that.

Last piece of advice I'd have is to steer clear of the frat houses and try to stay downtown as opposed to where the college scene is.

Brilliant city, I'm well jealous!

Back