Somebody must know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paula eliza

Would really appreciate your help on this. I have tried several times speaking to Kildare County Council but have just been passed around each department. A year and a half ago I purchased an apartment through the Shared Ownership Scheme. The purchase price was €180,000. Shared Ownership €174,000 them owning 60% me 40%. So every month I pay the mortgage on it & the rent to the council. I was told when purchasing this property that I could buy out at any stage if I got a mortgage to do so. So 2 months after I got mortgage approved and was all ready to buy this property back in 2007, I also had to get place valued for the mortgage, my redemption figure from the council was €174,00. When my solicitor came to signing over property to me it turned out that I could not purchase property as it was still with land registry. So I continued to pay my mortgage & rent to the council.

One year later I get a phone call saying that it is completed in land registry. So I contacted my solicitor & mortgage broker to get the ball rolling again. I had to get the apartment re- valued for the mortgage company as the market has changed. The property is now only valued at €145,00 so I can only get a mortgage for 92% of that. The redemption figure from the council is €175,000. Now I cannot buy this property out as I cant get a mortgage to match the council figures, Should they not change their figures too as it is " shared ownership"

I am in a very tough position now as I am moving away because of my job. The whole reason behind buying out property was so I can rent it. Now my options are to hand back keys to council and never again be able to get a loan. credit history ruined. Possibility of getting sued as well
Please can you give me some advice on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back