Nationwide Society of Financial Planners Ireland

Marc

All,

As you may know for some time now, Eamon Porter and myself (who are both regular contributors to askaboutmoney) have been attempting to provide an unbiased resource to allow those seeking out a Financial Planner to have access to a list of Financial Planners across Ireland.

I am therefore pleased to finally confirm that our new website is now live:

http://www.sfpi.ie/

I would personally like to express my thanks to Eamon who has worked tirelessly on this in recent weeks.

Please feel free to provide feedback.

The FAQ page links don't work when you try to see the answer to the questions.

Hi Marc

It's not at all clear to any potential client reading the website that all the members are highly qualified.

Which ties in with Gordon's question - can anyone join?

You should specify it very clearly what the standards and requirements are.

I think you should also target it more at potential clients. The members' area should be a link on the home page and not the first thing you click on.

Brendan

Brendan

Membership is open to Certified Financial PlannersTM or holders of an equivalent recognised financial planning qualification who are client facing or client serving practitioners and sign off on ethical standards of, for example but not exclusively, the Financial Planning Standards Board

This is the member declaration

By submitting the form above you are agreeing with the following statements:

1. I have attached a current copy of my relevant financial planning accreditation certificate
  2. I confirm that my work involves direct interaction with personal clients for the purposes of personal financial planning advice
  3. I agree to be bound by the membership rules and Constitution of the Society of Financial Planners Ireland which are [broken link removed]e. members are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland or their professional body

Last edited:
Thanks Marc

I didn't see that on the website but maybe it's there.

I know that the CFP qualification means, but most people wouldn't.

Brendan

Full details of the society constitution can be found here

[broken link removed]

Back