Key Post Snag Lists.

Re: Key Post: Snag Lists.

The three first time posters making recommendations here are presumably genuine and have no vested interest in the services being mentioned but obviously people need to exercise caution with recommendations from posters with no established track record on AAM.

It's obvious from the above posts that the amount of new builds has given rise to a lot of employment. Snagging companies used to be unheard of! We last bought 2 years ago and the OH did the snagging. When we arrived at the apartment, we found a young man in situ, clipboard in hand, studiously looking through the kitchen presses and making notes. Only problem was he was in OUR apartment. The builder had thought he asked for the keys of No.6 when, in fact, he was looking for 16!! OH asked him for copy of what he's written and he gave it.

It's obvious from the above posts that the amount of new builds has given rise to a lot of employment. Snagging companies used to be unheard of! We last bought 2 years ago and the OH did the snagging. When we arrived at the apartment, we found a young man in situ, clipboard in hand, studiously looking through the kitchen presses and making notes. Only problem was he was in OUR apartment. The builder had thought he asked for the keys of No.6 when, in fact, he was looking for 16!! OH asked him for copy of what he's written and he gave it.

Was there much on his list that your OH would not have spotted?
Wasn't the gasworks by any chance? ;)

Was there much on his list that your OH would not have spotted?
Wasn't the gasworks by any chance? ;)

No, nothing, in fact he found some very obvious things that the guy had overlooked. Not the Gasworks, close though:D Are you in there...looked at site you recommended and thought to myself...Watson, Holmes...Sherlock. That's where I got my information on the REAL electric picnic!!:D

Are you in there...looked at site you recommended and thought to myself...Watson, Holmes...Sherlock.

Nope - I was 99% sure that sherlock and liteweight were associated :)

It's probably a good idea to be present when snagging is taking place if you're hiring someone else to do it. I wouldn't like to pay for a snag list on someone else's property!

Yeah used these guys too - happy with good service.

i used a crowd called [broken link removed] i found on google for a 3 bed hse in balbriggan. cost €340 and had a follow-up inspection. the guy really knew his stuff and i was glad i got a pro 'cause i wouldn't have caught half the stuff he did.

Nig72, that wouldn't be short for Nigel, would it? There has been a suggestion that you are the owner of this site. Could you please confirm whether this is true or not?

Builder has said that the house is available for snagging even though there's no gas or electricity connected or even a gas or esb meter installed. Should these be connected before making a snaglist?

Builder's generally won't have services connected (this is a new thing) as there is an administration charge to have the account changed when the purchaser takes possession. You can tell the builder you wish to apply for the connections so that the services are connected- allowing you to carry out a proper assessment of the work. However, will the builder wait that long, you can ask...

Has anyone ever successfully got a refund or at least a partial one from snagging firm when they've spotted lots of things the snagger didn't spot?
E.g. broken sink, external light not fitted, leaking toilet, extractor fan not working, window not properly sealed.

Joe,

Just want to check if you used one of the snagging firms mentioned here on the site. My new house is ready in the next few weeks and I was thinking of getting one of the snagging firms mentioned to do it for me, as I havent got a clue about this type of thing myself. I dont want to pay and then for there to be extra stuff not spotted by the snagger.

Thanks

MandaC

I used snaglists.ie and dealt with Rory. I told him the house was ready for snagging on Monday and he contacted the builder on Monday and went to do the list. I had asked him when he was there just to check if the oven space in the kitchen would fit a double oven(I had changed the spec from single oven to oven) and he forgot to do this on his first visit on Monday, so he went back Tuesday of his own accord to double check the measurements.

He hand delivered the typed snag list and photos to me today in work. Overall, I was happy with the service. As it turned out, there were not many snags (I already knew the builder had finished the house to a very good standard), but anything pointed out has already been rectified.

Overall, I would be happy to recommend the service.

I recently had a professional snaglist done on a new property and i thought i would upload the PDF if anyone is interested in seeing what a sample snaglist report might consists of:

guys any name for snagging in clane co kildare ecnomical and efficient!!!!!!!!!!

Back