Slightly Unusual Redundancy Scenario

Seabass

Team I work for in Multi-National was dissolved 4 months ago and was offered redundancy (10 years service). Team responsibilities were mostly subsumed by other departments and one new role was created in another department with similar pay and similar responsibilities.
I interviewed and was offered and accepted that role. It was a period of extreme pressure due to this and other events outside of work at the time. Accepting the role was heavily influenced by a need for stability at the time.
Four months on and with some clarity it was most likely not the correct decision for a number of reasons. The new role, new reporting lines etc are all fine but it just wasn't the correct decision.

Is it even worth chatting with Human Resources to discuss this ? I understand there is zero legal grounds for this to be revisited and its simply me regretting a decision that turned out not to be the correct one in hindsight. But is there any possibility that discretion would be used to allow a change of mind ? Could a company go outside of standard redundancy law to re-offer what was on the table four months back ?

I know I made my decision and probably need to live with it now but would just like to know if this is actually legally impossible or just highly unlikely and at company discretion.

Yep. Nothing to lose. I did something similar. Pm me if you want some advice.

Back