Site in Housing estate

M

Mick_g

Hi Folks

New to the site and am thinking of buying a site in a housing estate in
Dublin 15.It is a new build and two of the sites have foundations laid,i know the risks with the concrete laid and intend to get a full check done on it but before i do that,as i'm new to this kind of thing and havent got a clue about buying land I was hoping you good oeople might be able to answer some questions....

Am i Right in thing you must pay 6% of the purchase price (120,000) on stamp which would be =7,200 or would the builder have already paid the stamp as all other houses are completed

Can you buy a site and sit on it for a year and then Build ?

Is it hard to get a morgage for a self build,can i get a morgage for 92% of
the price of the site like i would a normal house

I'm sure i have a million other questions but they are the key ones at the moment

Thanks

Mick

Mick,

Others may answer better, but in the current climate there are no guarantees in relation to what mortgages you can get.

The only info I can find on Stamp Duty is here

[broken link removed]

AFAICS First Time Buyers don't pay stamp duty.

You should take some competent advice on this.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

alot depends on the bank. you've to submit a new application for a self build mortgage. we put one in lately with aib but they will only approve the mortgage subject to obtaining full planning permission. even if it is nearly definite that you'll get planning permission, you still have to submit the proper paperwork.

anyhow our offer was turned down on the site so that scuppered our plans. also i think stamp duty is paid on all sites including first time buyers but i stand to be corrected.

you should contact a few banks as some are more likely to fund self builds than others.

best of luck.

Back