Sinn Féin's tax proposals

From what ive read of it its a pretty underwhelming budget proposal devoid of any real impetus.

I feel a bit sorry for SF at times...they really aren't the best at the sums really!

Dear Mr Gekko,

Are you sure their numbers are finite ?
Are you sure its just the uneducated who vote for them ?
Are you sure they include numerous troublemakers?
Are you sure they are Faux Trots ?

Could it not be that like UK on Brexit, USA on Trump that the disaffected (be they right or wrong) are going to vote for change , no matter how unpalletable
us (learned) ones think.?
We live in changing societal times!

OK, I'll start;
Finding extra funds for projects can't be based on checking if there's anything left in Jean McConville's hand bag.

That woman suffered a horrific death and her family a terrible ordeal some 44yrs ago during a bitter conflict.

What has it got to do with SF budgetary proposal for 2017?

Could it not be that like UK on Brexit, USA on Trump that the disaffected (be they right or wrong) are going to vote for change , no matter how unpalletable
us (learned) ones think.?
We live in changing societal times!

I think we have seen that already with the amount of independents that are elected to to the Dail.

People are sick of the political system. Everything is based on the electoral cycle, what do we need to do in the next 5 years to get back in? Anything longer than that is a waste of time (see successive govts ignore the pension problem - taking money out of people's pockets now so it will benefit them in 20-30 years time will lose more votes than it will gain).

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

That woman suffered a horrific death and her family a terrible ordeal some 44yrs ago during a bitter conflict.

What has it got to do with SF budgetary proposal for 2017?
She was killed by the IRA. SF are the political wing of the IRA. They haven't gone away you know.

By the nature of time , most of the old S,Feiners are getting closer to death and the upcoming SF do not have blood on their hands.
Within another decade there will not be powerful (IRA) people in SF.
SF is already morphing into a democratic entity .
We may disagree with their politics but maybe its time to let the past be past ?

She was killed by the IRA. SF are the political wing of the IRA. They haven't gone away you know.

Thats news to me I have to say. It was my understanding that the DUP would never share power unless satisfied that the IRA had stood down.

But I see that the "they haven't gone away you know" cliche, hasnt gone away, ye know!

Thats news to me I have to say. It was my understanding that the DUP would never share power unless satisfied that the IRA had stood down.

But I see that the "they haven't gone away you know" cliche, hasnt gone away, ye know!
Right, so Gerry Adams wasn't in the IRA and they didn't rob the Northern Bank... I've a few bottles of snake oil here. It's great for hair loss, blindness, and can cure most diseases. Would you like some?

BigShort.
There is little doubt that IRA ish, SF ish , people are up to their necks in unsavoury activities eg fuel laundering.
As time moves on these (buckos) are getting weeded out.
Yes IRA has stood down , but some of their henchmen are still in (mostly) non lethal operations.

BigShort.
There is little doubt that IRA ish, SF ish , people are up to their necks in unsavoury activities eg fuel laundering.
As time moves on these (buckos) are getting weeded out.
Yes IRA has stood down , but some of their henchmen are still in (mostly) non lethal operations.

Yeh, apparently so. Then on the other hand its most likely ex-IRA. The real concern is whether the party is being funded or aided by criminal activity.
And in fairness to SF I think it was last year when O Snodaigh? produced a letter from Garda Commissioner stating that there was no criminal link to SF (or words to that effect).

Well the blood on their hands is now dried in... I suppose that make it all ok so. Sure let's not dwell on the past.

And in fairness to SF I think it was last year when O Snodaigh? produced a letter from Garda Commissioner stating that there was no criminal link to SF (or words to that effect).

We have one for that down here in Cork....."Ask me Mammy if I'm a liar"

Back