single rent allowance for 2 bed place

K

kvakere

hello

i m claiming Jobseekers Benefit around 2 months. staying with my friends since then as had to move out from my place-landlord didn t accept rent allowance.

i have noticed a lot of tenants are claiming maximum rent allowance (single-108 shared-66 in Galway) even tho actual rent is higher. they have agreement with landlord that they pay the difference.

if i take that route...can i apply for single rent allowance in 2 bed place as one bed places are the same amount of rent!!
lets say 700 euros (84x 4 -336) is 364 to pay from my behalf.

why i am considering this is because there isn t any 1 bed places where rent allowance IS accepted and the prices between 2 bed places aren t big!!

other thing is .does any letting agency would help me to find rent allowance allowed for one bed apartment if i have saved one months AND deposits rent (around 1400)

According to legislation, Rent Supplement is not payable if the amount charged by the landlord exceeds the rent limit for the county/family size. Yes, it does happen, but it's not supposed to.

If you're on 196 per week, can you really afford to pay 90 euro per week out of that for rent?

There are other rules regarding qualifying for Rent Supplement which came into effect last year.

Have a read of the booklet: [broken link removed]

Back