Should I report suspected Social Welfare Fraud? and remain anonymous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRICKTOP said:
Every honest tax payer has a duty to report suspected fraud! I repeat myself, she is taking money out of every tax payers' pocket and if it turns out she is doing nothing illegal, she has nothing to worry about.

People need to have personal responsibility and move away from the something for nothing culture.

If you believe she is committing fraud, report her.

I'll say no more.

then why are WE honest paying taxpayers paying for a service which is not working.why are the SW's spies not looking into this rather than some jealous noisey person who has nothing betterr to do than talk behind closed doors.on the other hand this person is babysitting for the accused!!!!

i am a tax payer but let the SW investigate themselves.are we going down the road of hanging ourselves just because X person got a new car or something else.

if the accused was a non-national then i would be branded a racist pig.BTW these people really know how to bleed the system and have done it for years...........

sorry people if i appear to be rude but this thread really really up-sets me.reporting a neighbour!!!!!! jealousy

Im having a really hard time following your logic x-man.

are we going down the road of hanging ourselves just because X person got a new car or something else.

She isnt reporting them because theyve a new car, she's reporting them because they *might* be fraudently claiming SW. If they are not then there's no problem surely?

BTW these people really know how to bleed the system and have done it for years...........

So report them.

sorry people if i appear to be rude but this thread really really up-sets me.

calling someone a noisy B**** doesnt appear to be rude, it is rude.

reporting a neighbour!!!!!! jealousy

Again, Ive problems with your logic, jealousy has nothing to do with this issue. You are entitled to let "the SW investigate themselves" (as you said yourself) as is the OP just as entitled to report fraudsters if he/she wishes to. Jealousy doesnt come into it.

If these people arent fraudently claiming social welfare then they have nothing to worry about.

I am amaxed that loads of folks have posted on this topic and relatively few on the thread below - the honest couple, 4 kids, both working and taxed and trying to make ends meet.
Surely we should be reporting possible fraudsters because there are good guys out there just above the bread line who could benefit if bands for medical cards etc were stretched - and they won't be if they are exausted by wasters who don't deserve them.

I dunno how i would feel about blowing the whistle but then that is exactly what this country needs a few whistle blowers eg Neary case.

I personally could not report anyone, despite being annoyed by the whole system. You say she is only 18 and has young children, so what could happen if they were shopped, they could loose their home, have to face paying back thousands and the fact that they are living in rental income shows they wouldn't have the most stable of lives. The consequences of reporting could be awful. What would anyone gain? It would be the children that loose out in the long run.

Marie M said:
I personally could not report anyone, despite being annoyed by the whole system. You say she is only 18 and has young children, so what could happen if they were shopped, they could loose their home, have to face paying back thousands and the fact that they are living in rental income shows they wouldn't have the most stable of lives. The consequences of reporting could be awful. What would anyone gain? It would be the children that loose out in the long run.

marie,its good to hear some people have a heart.unlike some people who don't care about the end result.

gar123 said:
but come on folks

the system in this country allows people to abuse the system, it seems ruth is living a bit close to this story

Not living - but worked with......
Honestly; we've dealt with clients who have been put through hell by nosey neighbour reporting who do not know the facts. I'm sure there are some bad eggs out there, but most recipients are honest law abiding citizens who live on the SW poverty line.

delgirl said:
One of my friends lets a property to two people who are receiving €1,100 rent allowance plus Social Welfare Benefits. He is working and has told my friend that he is working. He owns an 06 Mercedes van and does the work for cash.

Its amazing in this type of story how the geezers involved are always cheeky enough to (1) work for cash (2) expose themselves to all sorts of hassle with Revenue by telling all and sundry that they do so (3) own a BRAND-NEW vehicle, and (4) a MERCEDES at that!!!

For heavens sake, if blueshoes wants to report anyone, she should leave ordinary people alone and start a crusade investigating the real fat cat crooks ripping us all off for hundreds of thousands.

Perhaps the individual cases of small scale tax and welfare fraud perpetrated in this country would add up to hundreds of thousands?

askalot said:
blueshoes said:
I dont even know the girl but why should she be getting that when they have a income.
Interesting how nobody answered that question
Because one can earn a certain level of income and still qualify for this payment. See here.

She is co habiting with her boyfriend ever since the baby was born. He earns 450p/w. She is telling Social Welfare she is living at home with her parents, and doesnt know or have anything to do with the dad of her baby. She keeps a cot, clothes and some other baby things at her parents house in case SW come to check up on her. Her sister told her to do this (as ive mentioned before she was caught frauding the system and now paying back over 4k) They are not on the poverty line from what I can see, he has a 04 car, there of to tennerife in 2weeks. I just think there are alot more people out there that need this (geniune cases).

Ultimately it's your call to report suspected welfare fraud or not. If you do decide to report this case of suspected fraud then this might be of use to you.

I hope you don't report them, you will feel no better for it, if anything you will feel guilty. Perhaps they will be caught out by the system themselves, there are far worse scams happening in the world, (I could go on and on) , so why pick on the people at the bottom of the pile, they are hardly offloading the extra money to offshore accounts.

Don't feel guilty, go ahead and shop them to the Social Welfare

This thread is going nowhere at this stage. If anybody wants to take the subject matter to Letting Off Steam then feel free to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back