Short term nurse needed for home help, any suggestions?

rob30

My mum has had big abdominal surgery done, and hopefully will be coming home soon to stay with me for a while.
I am looking for a nurse for the day while I am at work. It really will just be to help with mobility, showering etc until her strength is back.
Does anyone know of such agencies who can provide short term, eg: 1 week, cover? Any experiences or pitfalls?
Thank you.

Re: Short term nurse needed fior home help, any sugestions?

Is she not entitled to such help under any SW or HEA/health board scheme? Did the hospital advise on this?

Re: Short term nurse needed fior home help, any sugestions?

Is she not entitled to such help under any SW or HEA/health board scheme? Did the hospital advise on this?

No, we are just looking into it ourselves. I work in healthcare and have seen some people have trouble getting care due to staff shortages.

Re: Short term nurse needed for home help, any sugestions?

If you look at both websites at the rates section you can see how much it will cost. The minimum booking period is 4 hours - after that there is an hourly rate that is applied.

A word of advice - if at all possible book a nurse for a week, so your mother will not have the inconvenience of trying to get to know new people every day.

Does the person have to be a nurse, if your mother is well would you also think of hiring a care attendant? If the issues are mobility and assistance rather than any need for medical management. The agencies would also have banks of reputable care staff who would be experienced in the hospital enviornment and home care (to be honest alot of them are student nurses).

Back