Other shared motorhome insurance

N

neckender

Ten of us would like to buy a motorhome between us with all costs and ownership shared, giving the obvious advantage of not having an expensive vehicle sitting on the drive when doing other things. (have a share in a narrowboat and also an apartment in Spain so I know it works). Having trouble getting insurance for us all. Want to do it properly and not through the back door, i.e. one owner and 9 named drivers. Anybody know of an insurance company/broker we can approach. All that we have tried to date say no can do, too many people got a financial interest in the vehicle.Help.

Would one main insured driver work, with a comprehensive open driving option?

Would one main insured driver work, with each owner temporarily transferring their own comprehensive car insurance for the period they wish to use it?

Failing that form a holiday club, a not for profit organisation, with the camper-van's owners as members, register the van in the name of the club and take out insurance in the name of the club.

Wow, thanks for that. The one driver then other named drivers they will only do up to four. When you think that there may be many named drivers, i.e you-your son-daughters husband-etc etc so it perhaps not as easy as at first thought with this multipied by possibly ten.
Will have a try at the holiday club idea and see what happens. (P.S. have I put this in the right place to get maximum coverage?).

Still no luck finding insurance. Nobody wants to know.How would a club work?. does it have to be registered or legal or can we just call ourselves a club and try that?.

Back