Servicing a gas boiler...any value out there?

Question, originally you said, the boiler runs for a 'little while' do the rads heat up?

Upon startup, the boiler ignites and you can hear the flames firing. However, after a few minutes, it just stops and the green reset light turns on. If you are not there to reset the switch in order to re-start it, then you don't get any hot water.

Only real way to proceed would be solicitor on 'duty of care' but then he would still be given reasonable opportunity to put it right (what is considered reasonable!) money back would sound fair!

What about the [broken link removed] of Ireland own customer complaints procedure? I am filling out the form now with all the details.

You'll get no luck there I'm afraid. They will only take an interest if unsafe practices were carried out. They won't get involved if this isn't the case.

Gebbel, bet you 20 quid, your circulating pump is knackered, actually not a boiler fault at all.
I know your near, ring me and I'll pop in to confirm it for u

Gebbel, bet you 20 quid, your circulating pump is knackered, actually not a boiler fault at all.

Very decent of you. Will call this morning.

A big thank you to DGOBS who called over today and verified the above. The other guy basically hadn't a clue. DGOBS will now complete the job of putting in the new pump. I am chasing the other guy for a full refund of the 220 Euro I paid him. He is avoiding me..not returning my calls etc. but he will eventually, trust me! So thanks DGOBS...as this forum is called "Recommend Tradesmen,Suppliers etc" then I would like to unequivocally recommend yourself! I wish there was a lesson in this for readers of this thread. I mean, the hopeless original guy was recommended to me by someone else!!

Back