Separated. Lender refuses to inform me about the mortgage

McStuffins

I contacted my mortgage provider asking that they send a copy of all correspondence to both myself at my new address and my ex and the mortgaged property and they refused.
As it stands I have no idea what is happening with the mortgage. I can only assume it's all in order and being paid.

I contacted my mortgage provider asking that they send a copy of all correspondence to both myself at my new address and my ex and the mortgaged property and they refused.
As it stands I have no idea what is happening with the mortgage. I can only assume it's all in order and being paid.
They refused!!!! This really makes no sense! Write to them again stating that you no longer reside at the address used for correspondence and insist that all correspondence is sent to your new address. You are a party to this loan and are entitled to receive copy correspondence relating to it!

I argued this out with the bank, they insisted that they could only send correspondence to the mortgaged property address. .

Rubbish. Banks send correspondence to whatever address you want. Your office if you want. They are just being thick and trying to avoid sending letters to multiple addresses, but in the case of jointly owned property, where the parties are no longer together, they should send it to the address the parties wish. Another sign of 'customer care' by banks.

I'll give it a try but I emailed them a couple of years back and they said they can't (won't) send duplicates to different addresses. My ex still resides in the house so he gets everything in terms of the mortgage but I've not spoken to him in years so no clue about the balance of the mortgage, if there are arrears etc.

Although if it were in arrears I can bet my last euro they wouldn't be long sending me letters :rolleyes:

Back