Selling property.

BK2

I'm selling my property at the moment and it is going very slow. Haven't even had any viewings. Don't know it is just that the market is very slow of if I need to get the Auctioneer to improve brochure or maybe I should try selling myself also. Is it usual to try selling yourself and having a auctioneer at the same time. I had a few valuations at the time and went with the lower one but still no interest.

People are waiting to hear about the stamp duty changes in the budget next week, so I would wait until the government makes the announcement.

the stamp duty do hold a lot of people back at the moment and especially its approaching x'mas, money is tight for most people and u will experiencing few people viewing the house

it is below the first time buyer treshold so stamp duty isn't an issue so don't think the budget is affecting it could be Christmas though.

yep thats very true...all money going into the Booze Account....maybe liquer store voucher may help...sorry can't help on the house sell mate

OP, there might be problems if you end up selling the house yourself while the auctioneer is still acting for you, he might still look for his cut.

drop your asking price drastically and let that build up viewings and interest.

Just cos you advertise something lower that you intend to sell it doesn't mean you have to sell it at the low price.

But to be honest, I beleive that the market is softening so seller tatics becoming more important.

Back