Selling on DoneDeal.

Mick40

Hi
I put some furniture up for sale yesterday on donedeal and I received a text this morning asking if It's still for sale. The interested person asked me to reply to her gmail address that she included in her text message. The part that concerns me is that the text message didn't have a phone number just her name. When I go into the text message details the phone number is just a five digit number so I can't ring her . Could this be a sign of a possible scam attempt or am I being paranoid.

Mick.

Hi Mick... it's a scam, best to ignore it... I sell bits on DoneDeal, and come across this from time to time. I would recommend that you contact the DoneDeal team with the info...

Best of luck with the sales :)

Yeah, most likely that number will direct you to a premium rate service.

Yeah a scam alright. She wanted me to accept payment by paypal and while she couldn't view the items herself she would arrange for them to be shipped to a city in Ukraine.:)
Mick.

She included her gmail address in the text which I used to communicate with her. No chance of me giving her my paypal details though. Haven't heard back from her since I told her I would only accept cash .

Back