Selling House with ex still on deeds

shanskins

I split from my ex in 2009 and was informed he would pay the mortgage and still live in property. Downloaded experian report in 2012 and to my horror 4 late payments in a row and many more over last few years!! Decided to move back in and he agreed for me to buy him out. Unfortunately mortgage company would not release him until I paid arrears of £3k and kept up to date for six months. I did this and even seventeen months down the line they refuse based on a bad credit rating with equifax even though my experian now shows me as good!! Back in 2012 I got ex to sign a transfer of equity at solicitors stating I pay him an amount which I did and he will be removed once mortgage company agree. He signed deeds which will be dated when I can remove him. However due to unforeseen circumstances I need to sell and cannot contact him as hes moved away. My solicitor thinks its fine to sell in my sole name and then wrap it all up in one go which has also been okayed with land registry but buyers solicitors is contesting it and wont let it happen!! My sale fell through and I've sold it again but buyers have chosen same solicitors arrgghhhh!! Help what can I possibly do!! Have equity of 32% in house. Selling for £155k and I only owe £105!

Back