self service laundrettes

S

S.L.F

My wife was wondering whether are there any self service laundrettes out there in South Dublin where you can wash and dry king size duvets. We've paid €25 a time to get them laundered and since we only paid about €40 to buy them in the first place its kinda expensive. We don't want to throw them out and buy new ones just yet.

There are a couple of self service launderettes in U.C.D. Belfield for the students that are in accommodation there. They are located in buildings that you can access if you drive in the Foster's Avenue entrance. I have never used them though. Maybe worth a try?

I never notice dirty stuff.

I used to have a duvet that if you hugged it, it would hug you back (long, long time before I was married)

After I was married I told her one day that`s it I`m starting my own revolution.
"I`m revolting", I said.

She said, "Yes! You are revolting...!"

Last I heard the duvet was out in the forests pretending to be a tree so it could still get hugged.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's a shop in rathmines which has the massive huge machines and who can do them for you - or you can do them yourself. it's opposite tram co - i think it's the Laundry & Dry Cleaning Shop from memory.

would you not save yourself the heartache and just get a dry-cleaners to do it?

As we said in our first post we don't see the point in buying a duvet for €40 then spending €25 to have it dry cleaned every so many months. We just don't see the point. The last time we got it done we brought it to the dry cleaner a particular week were told to call back the next week and hey presto it wasn't ready so we called the next week and it still wasn't ready. We were desperate for a duvet so we ended up buying a new one. If I had just brought it to a laundrette put it into a machine put my money in then into the dryer put my money in it then it'd be done with no fuss.

Thus we're trying to find a laundrette that will take king-size duvets.

There are two self service laundrettes in Ranelagh (or there were the last time I needed one).

The covers on our duvets are frequently washed but I can't remember seeing the duvets themselves washed. I would have thought that the covers keep the duvets clean so that they shouldn't need to be washed very often.

My understanding is that everybody sweats on average 2 litres of fluid a night some of it has to get into the duvet so it has to be cleaned.

Thanks everyone for your info

My understanding is that everybody sweats on average 2 litres of fluid a night some of it has to get into the duvet so it has to be cleaned.

Thanks everyone for your info

So the mattress in my hotel is really a water bed......Ugh!

SFL, if you brought it to a self service laundrette, it would probably cost you more money, the reason duvets are expensive to get washed and dried, is because it takes so long to dry them, they need to be dried on warm and you would need to use the dryer a few times, maybe throw out old duvet and just keep buying new one's

hizzy

SFL, if you brought it to a self service laundrette, it would probably cost you more money, the reason duvets are expensive to get washed and dried, is because it takes so long to dry them, they need to be dried on warm and you would need to use the dryer a few times, maybe throw out old duvet and just keep buying new one's

hizzy

what we'd do is bring 2 duvets wash 2 in the machine then dry 1 in the machine let the other dry naturally in the bright sun shine (or more likely on the rad).

Anyway its just so wasteful throwing them out.

My wife was wondering whether are there any self service laundrettes out there in South Dublin where you can wash and dry king size duvets. We've paid €25 a time to get them laundered and since we only paid about €40 to buy them in the first place its kinda expensive. We don't want to throw them out and buy new ones just yet.

Just collected a King size E15.50 and a Single E10.00 from White's Laundry, Cork st (opp Lidl). They also do local delivery.

Just collected a King size E15.50 and a Single E10.00 from White's Laundry, Cork st (opp Lidl). They also do local delivery.

Thanks as soon as my wife gets the urge I'll be sent there.

Simeon,

I know this is a long shot but any idea what the phone number for White's Laundrette is? Our water's frozen outside which is where our washing machine is so no washing can be done - also the car won't start, so would be a lifesaver to have someone pick up the washing and bring it back - drove past White's on Cork Street in a taxi yesterday but didn't get the phone number and can't find any mention of it on the internet?

thanks

Muffin

Back