Self Employed - VAT

NewEireBiz

Hello,

I am thinking of starting my own business. I already have two contracts. One Irish based and one non EU based. It will be consultancy and social media work . So technically a service.

I will have to provide a certain amount of hours per week and then paid per month after I issue an invoice. It is a set amount I am paid per hour, but I am not their employee.

I have two questions if both contracts work out, I could earn 38,000 euro. So just over the VAT threshold of self employed at 37,500.
What would people recommend ? I'd almost consider offering them both a small discount than pay VAT so as to keep me under the threshold.

Would I have to charge VAT anyway if under 37,500 ? The non EU contract will be the largest, so would that bring me under

I would really appreciate more advice and if anyone sees any pitfalls or issues , or ways around this please let me know.

Also I will be paid on the same day each month, will revenue consider it employment rather than self employment ? I will be self employed but just worried .

Appreciate your responses and help

If a self employed persons turnover is under 37,500 do they not have to charge Vat ??

Back