Seat belt extension

A99

Hi;

I recently changed car to a Mitubishi L200 crew cab & have since realised that the seat belt in the back seat isnt long enough to fit a a childs car seat (rear facing seat). I know you can get seat belt extension which you can buy online but does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland where you can get them, I have tried a few motor factors in Dublin but had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

I would say ring mitsubishi and complain about this or get a price.

Then you see if you need to chase a price from another source.

Does the pickup had isofix or soemthing like that in the back seats?

Phone Mitubishi & they said they dont do extensions & said belt is a standard size. When the child is older & the seat is forward facing it wont be a problem but I need some thing for now. Not too sure what isofix is !

Be carefull that any extensions you get meet the relevant standards (check the little standard label on the existing belts) - you don't want to get a warm and fuzzy feeling from having the carseat strapped in, and then find that the belt or extension fails at exactly the time it is most needed.

z

I've talked to a friend of mine with commercial road tax and commercial insurance and it clearly states that family members are insured. So that contradicts what the DOE man said in his email to me.

Anyway regarding seat belt extensions there’s a company in UK that will replace the whole belt inside the reel with a complete longer one. But it’s not recommended as it changes the design in the advent of an accident.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/motoring_answers?id=559

Back