"Save the date" cards

St. Bernard

Hi All

Just wondering if anybody can help here. I am looking to get a design i have for save the date cards printed onto cards i bought (Size 10.4cm wide X 19.9cm in height). I was trying to do it myself but can't seem to line them up right.

Anyway my question is does anyone know how much it would cost to get the design printed onto my own cards (approx 120) in black font with 1 colour.

Thnaks
SB

Re: Save the date cards

St B I just made my own printed two a page on A4 high quality paper and cut them down with a guillotine. Can you go the DIY way to save a few bob :)

I also did my own - made up a template & then printed them onto standard blank postcards

Newish concept where you announce the date of your wedding months before the invitations go out asking people to 'save the date'. Very popular in the US. Seems like an almighty waste of money to me but each to his/her own I suppose.

. Seems like an almighty waste of money to me but each to his/her own I suppose.
Well each to their own, we're getting married away so wanted to give people loads of notice. People were delighted we sent them as lots of our guests are planning a holiday around it, it cost us less than 20 euro so not really a waste of money! :)

Why not just send the invitations earlier then? Does it really take months to decide on the content of your invitation?

People might not know now if they can go yet, so at least with a save the date card they have the idea of when the wedding is. We only did it because our wedding is abroad and people might want to book flights etc early, I wouldn't have bothered if it was here.

My daughter got notice of a friends wedding for September 2009 in Italy/ It was sent by email. Isn't that the way to go? Save on printing and on stamps.

I would suggest ringing somebody like Snap Printing or even a small printing shop. They would give you an indication of the cost, which I reckon wouldn't be very high, maybe €40. Alternatively, enlist a help of a computer wiz friend to help you allign your design and paper in the printer.

On a different note, I just got some 'Thank You' cards printed by vistaprint.ie. I chose a design template, colour scheme, size, quantity,... and got 20 printed (front and inside) and delivered with envelopes for just under €30. That's cheaper than buying bog standard thank you cards in the shop. Since they were for people who gave us engagement gifts, I can use the same theme for wedding invitations and wedding thank you cards. It's an option worth exploring...

We had our wedding in May 08 and I just sent text messages to everyone at Christmas telling them of the date as it was a friday wedding. Worked well for us.

Back