Rusting subframe mercedes 2010

Interstellar

Has anyone had experience of severe rusting of the back subframe of Mercedes car circa 2010. Although mine passed NCT the subframe was so bad that the car was unstable above 40 mph. Fortunately Mercedes as a good will gesture replaced it. Had to get the brake pipes replaced as well.

Has anyone had experience of severe rusting of the back subframe of Mercedes car circa 2010. Although mine passed NCT the subframe was so bad that the car was unstable above 40 mph. Fortunately Mercedes as a good will gesture replaced it. Had to get the brake pipes replaced as well.
Glad to hear it got replaced as that would have been expensive. How on earth did it pass the nct if it was that bad and unstable at 40mph. That’s concerning

@Interstellar - yes, I had a 2012 merc - same issue on the rear subframe. Mine was picked up during servicing (not main dealer) and replaced by Mercedes main dealer (I did have to pay €200 for diagnostics / pictures / video etc to them so they have documenatry evidence for mercedes Germany - smelled off, but it was either pay that or contact Mercedes Germany & arrange myself).

Seems it's a "known issue" for certain mercs from 2010 / 2013 (I think!) - but there wasn't a recall in Ireland for this (again, no idea why not, as it's very serious fault!).

Last edited:
Back