Wrong forum Rules for casual work whilst on JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dwyerfen

Hi, just wanted to clarify a few things. This is how I understand it - please feel free to comment if you think this is not the case.

1) The working week for Welfare runs from Thursday through to the following Wednesday (6 days, as Sunday is not counted)

2) You can work up to 3 days per week. If you work 3 days you receive benefit for the 3 days you did not work, if you work 2 you receive 4 days benefit (etc.)

3) If you work 4 days you then lose your benefit for that week - ie. you do not receive benefit for the 2 days you did not work

What I'm wondering is how problematic do you make things for yourself by working 4 or more days per week even if it is infrequent and you would usually work 3 or less?

(Somebody at Welfare once informed me that I would have my benefit stopped if I worked more than 3 days in one week and that I would have to make a new application! However this goes against what I've read on the subject)

Also if, for eg, one of 4 working days falls on a Sunday would you still lose benefit for that week (as Sunday is included in the casual docket)
Or, would this be classed as 3 days?

Thanks, any help would be gratefully received

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back