Revolut New Card Transfer Fee Charges in 2024

An Cigire

What's changing?​

International card transfers (outside EEA)
  • We're reducing the transfer fees for international card transfers to certain countries (listed below) from a fee of 2.3% to 1% per transfer
  • The minimum fee charged per transfer will increase from $0.5 to €1 due to an increase in our transaction costs
  • These rates are applicable when making a card transfer to Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Montenegro, The Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
Domestic and international card transfers (within UK and EEA)
  • We're also introducing a minimum fee of €0.20 per transfer for all card transfers within the UK and Europe due to an increase in our transaction costs
  • For example, if you send a card transfer from Spain to Poland, you'll be charged a fee of 0.7% of the transaction amount or €0.20, whichever is higher
All fees will be charged in the currency of your transfer. The amount sent to the recipient, and your fee, will always be shown to you in the app before you make the payment.

Am I correct in thinking that’s means Revolut account transfer between bank accounts or other Revolut will now incur a fee?

What's changing?​

International card transfers (outside EEA)
  • We're reducing the transfer fees for international card transfers to certain countries (listed below) from a fee of 2.3% to 1% per transfer
  • The minimum fee charged per transfer will increase from $0.5 to €1 due to an increase in our transaction costs
  • These rates are applicable when making a card transfer to Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Montenegro, The Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan

Domestic and international card transfers (within UK and EEA)
  • We're also introducing a minimum fee of €0.20 per transfer for all card transfers within the UK and Europe due to an increase in our transaction costs
  • For example, if you send a card transfer from Spain to Poland, you'll be charged a fee of 0.7% of the transaction amount or €0.20, whichever is higher

All fees will be charged in the currency of your transfer. The amount sent to the recipient, and your fee, will always be shown to you in the app before you make the payment.

Am I correct in thinking that’s means Revolut account transfer between bank accounts or other Revolut will now incur a fee?
They too incur fees if outside the Euro area but they are different.

you send a card transfer from Spain to Poland, you'll be charged a fee of 0.7% of the transaction amount or €0.20, whichever is higher
I was confused by this too.

In their T&Cs describe a “card transfer” as a transfer to a supported, non-Revolut card. I wasn’t aware of this feature and had never used it.

Normal electronic funds transfers (EFT) to an account with an IBAN doesn’t seem to be concerned.

I was confused by this too.

In their T&Cs describe a “card transfer” as a transfer to a supported, non-Revolut card. I wasn’t aware of this feature and had never used it.

Normal electronic funds transfers (EFT) to an account with an IBAN doesn’t seem to be concerned.
Thanks for that I was abit confused myself

So will it no longer be free to use Revolut for splitting a bill or sending money to a friend’s account once they are inside the EEA?
I think (but not sure) that within the EEA transfers are free even to non-Euro currency countries (but Revolut also imposes a currency conversion charge beyond a free monthly limit). Bear in mind that not all SEPA countries are in the EEA (Switzerland & UK are the main exceptions), thus transfers to those incur both currency exchange fees (above the free allowance) and transfer fees.

Back