Revised Tax returns

boris

I might need to send in a revised IT return to the Revenue. What do I need to do this and do the Revenue give people grief over this sort of things.

It isn't a big matter but if there is going to be an issue with the Revenue I am not going to bother. :confused:

If you have discovered an item, previously submitted, which now requires amending then the best course is usually to draft a letter detailing the amendment and submit it to your district. If this is a self-assessed matter, then an amended notice of assessment will issue. If the amendment results in alteration to liabilities already assessed there may be issues over interest or penalties but that depends on Revenue's view of the nature of the amendment and how it has come to light. Revenue are not generally interested in giving people grief. Believe it or not, all they want is to have a return which fairly reflects the position. If you have an accountant it may be best if they did the submission for you. Remember though, what may not seem big to you may be big to Revenue so I wouldn't recommend just "not bothering".

It's just a revised Med 1 form, did not include all receipts on it. However it is dealing with Revenue that would have be worrying the most.

Had a relation last year who was given a very bad standard of service. When the matter was resolved, the Revenue official was taken off the case as it was felt that he had not done their job properly. Power gone to the head sort of scenario.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that the vast majority of them do their jobs with fairness but you hear the odd case on occasions.

Just send in the revised Med1 then. No need to revise your tax return. No need to either to dread about who might actually process the Med1. It should be very straightforward for them to do.

Back