returning to jobseekeer benefit

agadele

Ive got myself into a bit of a mess, and Im not sure if I would be able to do this - if anyone had any advice most welcome.
I was working in a uni for 3 years and my contract finished. I was offered another lesser role and I thought the time was right to try and give somethign else a go.So I was on jobseekers benefit for about 5 months, and nothing was happening so I decided to start up a small cleaning business. I took myself off the jobseekers benefit, and have been working on that for the last approx 9 months. However I have just found it an absolute slog, some weeks I only make about 300euros. I decided to look for full time work recently and started applying for jobs - got refusal. Am I entitled to go back on jobseeker allowance or any tips?
cheers

did you look into the back to work initiative i'm not sure of the requirements your welfare officer could tell you it alows you to retain part of your welfare payment while trying to get your own bus. up and running

It may be possible to claim Jobseeker's Allowance and remain self employed. The amount you get will be determined by a means test and if this shows that your net earnings are below the limit, you might be ablke to "top up" yopur income with JA. As well, you will be puitting yourself back in the frame for training, back-to-work incentives in the longer term. Have a chat with your local SW office ....it might clear things up for you.

Back