Returning Faulty Camera to Lidl - No Receipt

DesignA

I bought a digital camera (99 EUR) from Lidl at start of feb. The flash will now not work and the camera will not focus.

I have everything except the receipt.

It is still mint, and I believe only sold by Lidl stores ....

Anybody experience of similar situations, can I bring back ...

I had to return something to Lidl recently that was faulty.

They offered the current selling price as I had no receipt (my item had been reduced in the meantime).

I returned with bank statements showing the laser transaction, a printout from the national consumer agency, showing that bank statements can be sufficient and argued the case again.

They weren't budging, until I noticed the same item on sale at the original price. They then claimed that the displayed price on the day (original price) was a mistake, and then tried to argue that a 28 day limit applied to the return of faulty goods.

Eventually after making enough noise I got a full refund as a gesture of 'goodwill'.

You shouldn't have a problem - I have returned an alarm clock and a tent in the past with no receipt and no quibble.

You shouldn't have a problem - I have returned an alarm clock and a tent in the past with no receipt and no quibble.

You'll have no problem if they didn't reduce the price to clear leftover stock.

Thats great, thanks. I can get a statement if i need to as i know what date I bought it.

Back