Returning clothes to Debenhams

Conshine

I bought a pair of trousers two weeks ago and wore them for the first time yesterday.
I tried them on in the shop and they were a good fit.
I have since taken all the lapels off them, but am not happy with the sit and think I should have got a size smaller.
Will I be able to get these exchanged, considering I have taken the labels off?
Thanks

Well.. you know that and I know that.. but they are not dirty or damaged. The question is around the missing labels really.
I only wore them for three hours.

Only 3 hours?!

So no chance of perspiration, odours, hairs or skin getting onto the clothes then.

Do you really think you can return clothes after wearing them?

Well.. I am not happy with the product, it has not met my expectations.
In the same way as I can return other items to shops, my question is will debenhams accept an item with no tags on it.

If the labels have been removed then I would guess the answer is no as the store would view the trousers as been worn and because there is no labels they can't be resold

Well.. I am not happy with the product, it has not met my expectations.
In the same way as I can return other items to shops, my question is will debenhams accept an item with no tags on it.

No, they won't, and nor should they, as you have no legitimate grounds for being unhappy with the product.

They were a good fit when you tried them on. With no labels on they will not accept a return (unless there is a visible fault with them).

I always ask what their returns policy is, and they state clearly they will refund within 28 days if all labels are attached.

To clarify the legal position, unless the goods are faulty, you have no entitlement to a refund or exchange. Many stores go way above and beyond this basic entitlement, but as others have pointed out, you're much less likely to get a result once the labels have been removed.

Would you be happy paying full price for clothes that a stranger has worn for 3 hours?

There's a moral element to this too. 3 hours constitutes "used". It would be wrong to look to return these.

Back