Reporting Tax Evasion

Ah, lads. Get real:
1. Report them.
2. Grossing up "behind their back" is crazy ... we use payslips in this counrty, so if you get it in your wages cheque, it's not "cheque in hand" is it?
3. grossing up is handled by most payroll packages nowadays, so it's not THAT complicated.
4. Who's dr Wizard protecting? Make the call. You don't have to give your name. I pay my tax. You pay your tax. THEY should pay their tax. NOBODY is outside the system. Go for it. Then get a peaceful night's sleep.

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately, I can't believe the apologist/'careful now' line being advocated by some above. I work 'for the government', am PAYE'd out of it, have to apply for written permission from my employer to even take on outside paid work of any kind, and then pay 42% tax on every cent of it. 'Grossing up' doesn't enter into it...

The OP has made clear that these are not 'colleagues' —
unregistered said:
They got this agreement from their place of work [...] they refused to work overtime unless it was untaxed [...] they work for a govenment body.
I'm with RainyDay. Report the shaggers, and their employer, immediately! :mad:

I know of someone who played in League of Ireland and the Irish League up North and across the water throughout the Ninties. He got a basic wage/Salary which was taxed correctly(as far as he was aware!) but all appearance/performance bonus's were paid directly into the hand from cash received at the gates. The smaller clubs and the minor players mainly operate on a cash only basis (ie under the table - no tax paid)

Now there's an investigative 'scoop' for any enterprising sports hack who never wants to lunch in this town (oops! country) again...:rolleyes:

I think the tax "issues" of most, if not all, eircom League clubs are well known to the dogs in the street (or at least those on the terraces and in the stands) but are conveniently ignored by many stakeholders. Revenue are another matter though and may not treat all clubs as leniently as they did Rovers last year when, as part of the examinership settlement, they accepted just €40,000 (or 2.67%) as sufficient to discharge the €1,500,000 in outstanding tax liabilities that they owed. Now that's what I call a real rip-off of the average tax compliant business/citizen! :mad:

Back