Rent house for Ryder Cup

noobie99

Folks,

Anyone done this for real?

Other threads are think on opinion and thin on anything else.

Websites are not much better - and could do with much redesign. The rydercup2006 site is buggy as hell.

Thanks,

N.

Ok, thats one of the funniest sites I've viewed for a while!
Do we really think someone will pay a years worth of mortgage payments for a week in a semi in commuterville, miles from the actual location!
Ok, need to see about renting out my place in Outer Mongolia.... only minutes away by galactic worm hole ;-)

I loved the terraced house in Clondalkin looking for 40K.

I know someone who's house is on this site. He had to pay E120 up front for the service, some guy called round took a couple of pictures and gave him promisies of mucho mula, and he hasn't heard anything since (3 months). We slag him mercilessly about it.

If your not in you can't win ! I've put my home up for rent for the Ryder cup. Put it this way - 40,000 people coming to see this event and every hotel and B&B has been booked up for the past two years ! Where are the remainder of the tourist going to stay ?? I'd say there will be a big rush before the Ryder cup for people looking to rent a house etc. People going to this have money to spend and if there are 5 people sharing it's not that expensive for these golfers !

I do know of a friend who got emails from English lads about her house for 3K for the week, between 5 of them it was ok I guess. They got a place for 2K instead....From Daft.ie
Colm..

elephants77 said:
If your not in you can't win ! I've put my home up for rent for the Ryder cup. Put it this way - 40,000 people coming to see this event and every hotel and B&B has been booked up for the past two years ! Where are the remainder of the tourist going to stay ?? I'd say there will be a big rush before the Ryder cup for people looking to rent a house etc. People going to this have money to spend and if there are 5 people sharing it's not that expensive for these golfers !
i've yet to hear of anyone getting the big money for renting,maybe a few dozens homes really close to the course will be rented . the hotels are all booked out on their websites etc but that doesnt mean they cant be used,travel agents and tour operators bought up rooms in bulk and they are still available in packages to americans/ european visitors. the websites helping people to rent their homes are just a business looking to get money from people who see dollar signs when they hear of lots of rich americans coming to our shores but these yanks are no fools and the websites will tell you you'll get massive sums but they are just trying to get advertising fee out of you.
p.s if there is such money being paid im sure revenue have made note of homes on these websites to collect the relevant taxes.

asdfg said:
Came across this [broken link removed]

I have seen other sites like it and the fact that there are 20 pages of unbooked houses on this site for one of the worlds biggest sporting events speaks volumes about the prices the would be landlords are hoping to achieve imo.

Back