rent arears notice

galway_blow_in

i understand you can issue a 14 day rent arrears notice but as i understand if that is ignored , you then can issue a 28 day termination notice , am i right in saying that if a tenant fails to pay their rent upon receiving a 14 day arrears notice , you may then move to terminate the tenancy within 28 days

also , how long should a landlord wait before moving to issue a 14 day rent arrears notice ?

If I recall correctly, be very sure to treat these numbers correctly - as in, if it says 14 days - give it more than 14 days etc etc. The PRTB will examine this in great detail. You will need proof of delivery via An Post. Best to send documentation on Day 15 or 16 for it to arrive Day 17 or 18 etc.

(I mislaid some paperwork prior to a PRTB hearing, and had to cancel it as chances of winning were in the balance, and had to start procedure all over again.)

Someone suggested to me that sending by swiftpost rather than registered post may be a good idea as registered post can be refused whereas swiftpost has a proof of delivery but does not require a signature.

I agree with Nutso; swiftpost guarantees delivery but no signature required - enquire at any post office.

Back