Motor Renewal doubled

nuttybud

I just got my renewal and its near doubled from €280 to €450! Ive been online to check 123/insure etc & they all seem to coming in around the same?
Ive had no claims/penalty points + an extra yr ncb (3yrs) so surely it should be close enough to last yr. I also have hse insurance with same provider.

Also another quick q rec ncb: Id my own named insurance for 2yrs before I went to Oz for a yr. When I came back & got re-insurance with same co. However their ncb calculation doesnt seem to including this?
I also have named driver exp before that. Do they not include this?

Id heard all insurance had gone up but this seems like an extortianate jump. Is this the going rate, is there anywhere else I can check for a quote or do you think I have to accept it?

Hi,
Looks like they've all gone up.
My insurance last year with 123 was €430, the renewal quote is 480 with now 4 yrs no claims bonus. Checking around, there is nothing better. 25plus quoted 530, AXA 630 and Aviva over 800 !!

I can now add insure.ie to that list which quoted a range from €537 - €1168, and that was without the claim I had 3 yrs ago !
Looks like I'll be sticking with 123...

I was with quinn and it went from 360 to 480 however 25plus quoted me 308 which was quite good i thought same with 123

Back