Regular saver Rate Change

frankmac

Hi,

Opened two regular saver accounts for myself and my wife with Nationwide UK ( Ireland) back in July. The rate was 4%.

Received statements today showing a rate change to 3% on 28th September. When I opened the accounts I thought that the rate was locked in. Was I wrong? I suspect that I was.

You were, unfortunately. That rate has stood for almost 2 years but it was variable.
EBS's first year regular saver rate is fixed, not sure if anyone else's is...

Yeah, the Nationwide UK (Ireland) Regular Saver product offers a variable rate, not a fixed rate.

EBS are the only bank offering a fixed regular saver rate via their Family Saver regular saver product.

sure i opened with kbc reulat saver at 3.5 and now its a measly 2%.i was tempted to switch to EBS but its only 3% for one year then it rolls to a measly 1 % if my serves me correct..ill stick with kbc and see if rates go up which appear unlikely any time soon.or may put into an aib saver at same rate of 2%

KBC Regular Saver rate is highly unlikely to go up.

KBC Flex Regular Saver will pay you 4.00% AER variable if you open a KBC Flex Current Account and deposit at least 2,500 EUR per month in the current account. You can also transfer a lump sum of up to 10,000 EUR into the account.

EBS Family Saver is not worth it for year two. You are best off withdrawing the money on the first anniversary.

Back