Refund of tax on airline charges

M

mikinov

I paid for 2 Flight tickets Dublin / London return last week but did not travel. I assume that I paid Airport Tax etc within the payment made. Is it possible to get a refund on the tax paid.

Thank you.

With Ryanair it's not possible - the practice is somewhat questionable but it's in the T&Cs that you agreed to when buying the ticket.

Aer Lingus I think you can (or certainly on till recently could) get a refund on the taxes but not the fares (unless you bought a refundable ticket)

You can claim a tax refund from both Aer Lingus and Ryanair; however, Ryanair charge an admin fee of around 20/30 euro for the privelege so depending on where you are flying to your tax probably works out pretty much the same....

Does anyone know HOW to get the refund of tax from Aer Lingus. We had to cancel a flight booking recently due to medical reasons. Rang Aer Lingus 2 weeks in advance of the flight date to let them know and I was told we would get a refund to the credit card we used for the booking. That was 7 weeks ago. Depsite numerous e-mails from me to their customer service address, I have not received one reply.

About 2 years ago we also had to cancel a flight and did not ever receive the tax refund from Aer Lingus even though we were told we would. I let it go back then but this time I am determined as a matter of principle!!

tnx

valc

Back