Redundant-is job seekers worth the hassle and what will I get

R

rob.b

Hi guys made redundant last Friday for the 4th time in 20 years. No permamant jobs on the horizon and local temp agencies say there is nothing about and wont even register you, a depressing time.
Have not signed on since about 97 so am out of touch.
My wife is working and I have some redundancy which can tide us over for a few months. Wanted to avoid signing on due to previous bad experiences(screwed up payment, staff attitude etc) but am thinking of doing so next week.
I know ill get the standard £60 per week but its the other stuff I want to know about. As my wife is working, but is herself paying off large debts through a DMP there is little spare cash. At this early stage can I get my half of out interest only mortgage paid by the JSA? Also can we get a 50% reduction in council tax? Just wondering, to be honest the £60pw would pay about a weeks food and my min payment on my credit cards per month so would have to be desperate.
Also when I signed on in the early 90's if you did a weeks temping you just declared it when you next signed on and they made deductions. When I temped and clamed JSA in 97 they told me that I had to sign off and then go through the whole process of claiming again if I took a weeks temp work, a total waste of time and effort.Is this till the case?
Thanks
Rob

Rob, This an Irish site so you may not get a response due to lack of know;edge but you never know. Good luck with your job hunt. C :)

Back