Redundancy settlement records

npgallag

Can anyone tell me where I can get a record of recent redundancy settlements as we are going through this at the moment and want to compare package being offered by company.

Most of these would be private and internal to each company. There is no "log" that I am aware of for such settlements, Your best bit is to post on here and see what people think or do a google search

I work for an IT multinational, ours is 4 weeks per year of service + statutory capped at a max of 2 years salary

www.irn.ie

They publish a detailed list of settlements each qtr by sector (if employer and union consents to give it to them). Always have a good selection of deals and very useful.
But you need to buy membership to get it.
If you have no union ( they should have access ) it may be worthwhile for all employees to put something into the pot to buy a membership subscription.

Thanks all..
I found attached from IRN that gives some details of previous packages.....
I would be happy with that package thedaddyman if was offered...We are still in the consultancy period.
never heard of anyone getting 11 weeks before amtc..!

Attachments

• IRN.PDF
    619.9 KB · Views: 21
Something else to aid the decision... the first wave of redundancies tend to have the best terms, and the people still in the company have to do the same work covering the people who took the package.
And if there's a first wave of redundancies, a second wave can never be ruled out.
So don't necessarily assume the decision is between stay or go, it's between stay, go or maybe go in a year with worse terms.

there are other benefits to consider as well, for example, some companies will pay for retraining or the use of a placement councilor to help you find a new role

unfortunately this is compulsory as its a cessation of all manufacturing activities so no second wave...in fact there was a first wave 5 months ago when 25% of staff was let go ..now its everybody else.

Back