Redundancy - Legal or not?

Update: Email circulated re: new roles. Email states that some staff members were 'scored' and not selected for the roles. No KPIs have ever been in place for this. At this stage I'd like to get redundancy payment and leave.

Can anyone comment further?

Did the company give any indication of what criteria were used in the scoring? They can come up with whatever criteria they want, but they do have to make them known to the staff.

Did the company give any indication of what criteria were used in the scoring? They can come up with whatever criteria they want, but they do have to make them known to the staff.

Quoting - 'As discussed, we don’t intend to make anyone re-interview but will score all candidates against the criteria defined for both roles so we can confirm to all the initially selected candidates relatively quickly. This should remove any delays in the process for anyone, following which candidates would move to their next preference.'

This is from the email containing the attached job descriptions. These descriptions did contain sections outlining: 'the candidate will have'.

Update:

Applied for roles, just now I've had a meeting with HR, not my boss.

I haven't been selected for roles. They said that I didn't 'score enough' on a variety of criteria. Behavior and performance were taken into account for the selection for these roles.

They say that more roles will be coming online, that I can apply for those.

I think that this is a farce. Someone I can't see ticking boxes on my performance based on nothing ever recorded and made concrete.

- Some staff are in place less than a year, are thereby not legally permanent. Giving ‘notice’ to staff members that are permanent, working in Company in some cases for years in unfair. ‘Last in first out’ isn’t being considered.

-Worked on Client A, this work is still ongoing. This role is thereby not redundant. Staff cannot be made redundant, the job/work itself has to no longer be there. Only the role can be made redundant.

-Redundancies are to be made on account of the loss of Client B’s contract. I never once worked on this client’s portfolio.

-Informed at the HR meeting of 15/06 that staff were ‘scored’ on their performance. No targets or KPIs were ever put in place to measure performance. If such measuring practices are or were in place, I was never informed in the last 25 months of my employment by any manager, team leader or director.

-All one to one meetings have been positive, no serious negative issues regarding performance has ever been raised. Any feedback requested from project co-ordinator, team leader, manager and director have all been positive. Any scoring of performance notified in June 2016 is the first since May 2014 when commencing employment. The ‘scoring’ has not been transparent and has been decided by management. HR mentioned ‘behaviour’ and ‘performance’ as being scores decided by management. With no tracking/targets/performance KPIs in place, management have simply decided on whim who has not scored well, or who they want to stay and go. This may be not be true, but with no clear performance indicators and with positive feedback for over 2 years, it cannot be proven as the case.

-No interviewing was carried out for any of the roles, people were effectively told ‘yes or no’ to their job application on the basis of a ‘scoring’ method carried out by management and/or HR.

-Staff are being asked to apply for other roles within the company and have been told that there may not be roles for all of the staff. Staff members carrying out the same role on the same team were assigned to different work and hired under different job titles. Staff were regularly hired for a role and assigned another. Staff should be offered the chance to retrain for other roles. The company has a responsibility to permanent staff.

The update is that the management that have decided who was redundant have also handed in their notice. My job is being given to someone else.

Any advice here would be appreciated? Thanks,

Back