Redemption of mortgage

Jeremiahc

Hi everyone received my mortgage statement from EBS , which said I owed €8530 left on mortgage . I enquired with local office who confirmed this , I had €10000 in credit in this mortgage account . Went into local office and asked them to clear my mortgage with this credit which they did. I received a phone call this morning from local ebs ofice to say that there was still €6000 owed on it . Thing is I can’t understand why mortgage end of year statement says €8500 owed but loans office in Dublin says €6000 left redemption.any advice on this be greatly appreciated. Interest rate I was on 2.75 per cent

You can check it yourself.

But if you can't follow it ask a friend who knows a bit about money or, failing that, an accountant.

Brendan

Hi Brendan thing I can’t understand is why end of year statement says €8500 which I have in writing, and loans department in Dublin say 14500 left why would statement say 8500 left

OK

So you have checked the statement?

And it looks correct?

The the loans department is probably wrong. You have to ask them to show their calculation.

We couldn't speculate what the error is without seeing the statement and the calculations.

Did the Loans Dept tell you over the phone or did they send you a closing statement?

Brendan

Over the phone local EBS office told me no communication from loan’s department and no closing statement . Local EBS are to check into this further for me thanks very much for your time and help with this . Will get the calculations from loans dept as I already have the statement

Back