Recording on SKY box

roker

I have cancelled SKY, I keep the box and should be able to receive the free channels the same as my old box in the bedroom. Can I still record with the new box without subscription ?

These adaptors that can get all of the channels from the internet, has anyone taken into account how much data they use over a month and will it exceed my download quota?

I have cancelled SKY, I keep the box and should be able to receive the free channels the same as my old box in the bedroom. Can I still record with the new box without subscription ?

These adaptors that can get all of the channels from the internet, has anyone taken into account how much data they use over a month and will it exceed my download quota?
AFAIK with Sky subscription cancelled then box can no longer record.Maybe there is a work around with an external HDD? But this may be cumbersome to use.Would be interested to know if possible as I have dropped Sky and have Saorview and Sky FTV system which is fine but a record feature would be a bonus.

You folks need a PVR (Personal Video Recorder), now I heard this from a friend, he did exactly what you both did and he mentioned that as the recording function ceased when he left SKY, he got one of these and it worked out fine, sorry that I can't be of any more help, but it's a starting point!

The recording facility is part of your subscription so once you cancel you will lose that.
There are very few little 'free to air' options out there for the recording functionality that sky plus offers. most fta sat boxes offer an option to record via USB/hard drive but it's all manual setting no series link etc.
If your on a terrestrial aerial system there is a box out there called saorview plus by walker which is decent, has the recording and series link on it, if you are in an area which picks up N Ireland freeview terrestrial it's a decent option .

The services that provide 'all the channels' are illegal, so not to be discussed here.

I was told by SKY that the reason I cannot get the ITV channels in Ireland was they where not licenced. As I can get unregistered/unlicensed station from my sky box via other channels setup, that would seem a contradiction.

I was told by SKY that the reason I cannot get the ITV channels in Ireland was they where not licenced. As I can get unregistered/unlicensed station from my sky box via other channels setup, that would seem a contradiction.

The license they're referring to there is the one Sky require broadcasters to pay for in order to be listed in their EPG.

Back