Recommendations for hotel in Cavan - mid week stay

B

Blackchook

Hi

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Cavan county. Just somewhere relaxing and within walking distance of shops and other restaurants. Not too expensive, just comfortable and friendly and set on nice grounds preferably.

Thanks

Slieve Russell, Ballyconnell
Radisson, Farnham
Hotel Kilmore, just outside Cavan town off the N3 going towards Dublin.
Cavan Crystal Hotel

I like the Slieve Russell best for what its worth. If you were to stay here, there are two good restaurants in Ballyconnell, namely Pol O'D's and Anglers Rest (restaurant and pub)

Cavan Crystal Hotel is not in a nice location, right next to road, no grounds to speak of.
The others all are.

It's a long time since I was in the Slieve Russell (and I really liked it), but it was a few minutes drive into Ballyconnell, definitely not walking distance.

Agree with Tiger. slieve Russell really nice and hotel food is superb. but its not within walking distance of anywhere.
For that matter neither is the Raddison.
I suspect at Slieve Russell this time of year there'd be loads of kids. Radisson would have no kids. Have never stayed there but people I know who have say its really good - better than the Slieve Russell but not for kids.

What about the Park Hotel in Virginia. I have only been there for a wedding so cant comment on the rooms but its a lovely hotel and within walking distance of the town.

Back