Recession plumbing prices

house

Hi all
I would like to hear comments on the best quote I have received for my new build, previous threads on this topic were all pre recession, however I don’t think the recession has effected this trade

3000sq.ft UFH upstairs & down run off a condenser oil boiler including oil tank, manifolds and thermostats , solar powered water heating including 300l stainless steel 3 coil cylinder, hot & cold feed to kitchen, utility main bathroom and 2 ensuits, pressured system pumped from existing well incl 500l tank, €19.5k plus VAT and optional extra of HRV €5100 + VAT
All wiring excluded,

how does it compare with other quotes or pre recession??

Thanks

my plumbing quote came in 3k more than yours for about the same size and detail you have listed above (3000sq/ft bungalow - oil - we have 3 solar panels feeding 300lt tank, pressuried system from well)... quote given this time last year

Labour €8200.00

Materials €14364.00

Vat @ 13.5% €3046.00

But to a certain extent, its impossible to compare. There are a number of details which effect the price.

I know and trust the plumber we used and he asked me if i wanted to him to use materials he would use if he was building his own house or give the best quote possible. said the labour would be the same either way but he could cut down on the materials

What brand of underfloor heating system does your plumber propose to use? We went with Rehau which i have been led to believe is good quality. We could have gone for a cheaper system but its one area you really dont want issues. Similarily i'm sure there are different quality fittings/piping/insulation/solar panels which would change the overall prices. I would ask for details on exact brands, and specifications for each plumber and then research same - so you are not comparing Granny Smyths with Pink Ladies.

PS: For MHRV - we got good quote from proair

Sman

Back