Rabodirect changing their deposit rates

Tastebuds

From 31st of may
  • Notice Saver 30 from 0.85 to 0.45%
  • Notice Saver 90 from 0,95 to 0.55%
They used to be the best with KBC. What bank offers the best rates now?

Thanks

Their instant access is dropping from 1% to 0.6% also. I've closed all my rabo accounts (2) and moved to KBC. Their 1.05% is best instant access around. For fixed term, Raisin is currently leader. Best buys thread has all this collated.

Have some money with Rabo instant access, but it is honestly not even worth the "hassle" of moving to KBC (apart from me not wanting to give them any business due to their mortgage SVR practice). The difference between 0.6% and 1.05% after DIRT per €1000 per year is what about 2 Euro?

If even E2!! Suppose its just maximising what you can and better me having the E2 than the banks! I have regular saver with KBC so its handy to now have both in one bank I guess. Either way you slice it, it doesnt really matter due to terrible rates.

heir instant access is dropping from 1% to 0.6% also. I've closed all my rabo accounts (2) and moved to KBC. Their 1.05% is best instant access around. For fixed term, Raisin is currently leader. Best buys thread has all this collated.

I know the notice saver T and C is that you have to give them 30 or 90 days notice, but can you do claim that the conditions changed when they changed the interest?

Have some money with Rabo instant access, but it is honestly not even worth the "hassle" of moving to KBC (apart from me not wanting to give them any business due to their mortgage SVR practice). The difference between 0.6% and 1.05% after DIRT per €1000 per year is what about 2 Euro?

Good point. The hassle of moving accounts worths way more than 2 euros

Good point. The hassle of moving accounts worths way more than 2 euros
Furthermore, unless you have your current account with KBC, you have to issue them with written notice of a wish to withdraw funds - it can't be done online. I wouldn't close any savings accounts I have, just keep the funds in the accounts that are offering the best return.

Back